Light at the end of the tunnel


Fate played its hand immediately and before I knew it I was under a new consultant at Clatterbridge through a contact of ours. Why? Because he’s the world leading expert in metastatic cancer that has spread to the brain!

I was give. 5 days of radiotherapy to the head immediately. Ok so as the picture shows it’s not the nicest experience nailed to the bed in a mask which is moulded to your face! But when I was lying there all that went  through my head was that I was doing it for the family and the light from the machine felt a bit like a light from heaven.

One week off after radiotherapy and chemotherapy started. So the initial palliative drug I was going to be out on by the other consultant was scrapped and I started carbo gemocide which is a harder and more effective treatment.Both the radiotherapy and chemotherapy shrink the tumours and I’ve managed to reduce the twelve steroids I was on to 1!which is a sure sign things are working!

So I’ve got 18 weeks of this drug and then as my consultant has access to a new curative drug which can be given after these I’m now riding high with positive juices. The best thing you can do for me is pray hard. I am going to win this battle, it’s time for that luck to change!

How do I feel? Physically so much better. Things I was finding hard, balance, writing, being dizzy have all improved amazingly.

Mentally I’m good too. I have the positivity of my treatment combined with the thoughts and prayers of everyone and I feel lucky that I also have my faith. I’m also tapped into some amazing relaxation options and  taking CBD. Don’t get me wrong I’m an emotional wreck too but I’m waking up every morning literally counting my blessings. I have much admiration for my family and friends who are keeping me busy socially and have a very focussed positive team around me, all negative nancies have been parked! 


Comments

  1. Wow dearest Pippa … allllll your amazin positively is for sure the greatest friend you could ever have … you and we on your behalf are truly grateful to alllll the awesome support that has come your way … Hurrrrrrrrrraaayyy as always you know we are here ready to do … Anything … 24/7
    Love plus admire you big time … your a lesson in positivity to alllll of us ♥️đź‘Ť♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You’re looking well

Over and Out

On reflection