Advice suffocation

 


Faced with a diagnosis of cancer I was determined to do as much as I could to support the medical interventions I’m about to receive. But be warned! The moment you start this you open up a can of worms and it’s stressful at a time when you don’t need stress.

Firstly I was very frustrated that I had been wearing underwire bras and putting my dove deodorant (with aluminium in) on for years not realising they could potentially be part of the problem. I want to shout it from the roof tops. Cut those underwires out ladies and only wear 0% aluminium deodorants!

So now having got the dreaded C the advice I felt in summary was that I could just eat organic greens and nuts. I felt destined for a life of foraging and tasteless food and to top it off I was only allowed to eat in a dedicated 6 hours a day. Exhausting! Plus I had to have positive mental thoughts every minute of the day, exercise and in covid times not see anyone and only leave the house for a walk. F*** me it’s stressful ....... oh and on top of that not get stressed!

So after a few days of sheer panic and crying because I couldn’t work out what to cook, I realised I had to take the pressure off and find what suited me. I’m grateful for all the advice I really am but I also appreciated some of it was impossible. There is no way you can maintain positive mental thoughts throughout but I’m doing pretty well, but don’t beat myself up now if I have a bad day. Plus after suffering from a low sugar vision disturbance after a walk I realised I’d taken things too far.

Having said all that I am a reformed character and I have made some radical changes that I will keep up with. But also if I want a treat I will and when I’m knocking on a bit, maybe in my 70s, I’ll probably let some more of the fun things back in!

Girls nights out will now be a sober affair for me. I have now hung up my drinking boots , bar the odd glass of medicinal red post all this.

Refined sugars are gone, only natural sugars from fruits. So all my cooking is from scratch no sauces unless made by me. When I say me I mean Rufus 😂 who is looking after me like a princess. 

Dairy replaced with dairy free alternatives, gluten free and as much organic produce as I can. But with the caveat that if I do have any of this it’s fine and that this is just my as much as possible diet.

I haven’t even tackled the cbd oil argument that’s for another day if at all. It’s really not an option for most as the cod oil that you would need to take is very specific and costs thousands not tens or even hundreds. You can’t just use any cbd oil from the internet. Plus there’s all sorts of magic mushrooms 🍄 

And the list goes on and on and on and on and literally on and on and on and on and believe me on and on and on.

So that’s enough for me for now, I can’t take anymore on in my head and I am being kind to myself and my stress levels. I’ve got my as much as possible diet and I’m happy with it.

And if you’re worrying having read this what you can cook me when I next come over, don’t panic I’m not allowed out till Covid does one so you’ve got plenty of time!


Comments

  1. Love that you’ve written such a heart felt blog even though fore sure it must be emotionally scary for you ... if there ever is anyyyyyy thing I can help with I’m here 24/7 for allllll 4 of you ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You’re looking well

On reflection

Over and Out